Tuesday, April 24, 2012

30 Day Video Game Challenge: Day 11

Day 11: My Gaming Platform of Choice - The PC



True, I had an IMac in college - but back then I really only played a handful of games and had the thing boot camped into windows XP nearly the entire time.  There's a reason nearly every major game developer completely ignores Macintosh platforms.  Moving on.

Asking me this question 3 years ago probably would've yielded a different answer.  Xbox had too much to offer back then, and the simplicity of never having to deal with hardware compatibility and performance was very appealing.  Xbox live wasn't as much as a convoluted mess as it is now, with signing out, signing in, downloads, and other stupid 'features' that they've implemented over the past few years.

It's just hard to argue with the performance as well, I can run almost anything on a machine 3 years old.  Minimum investment compared for time actually spent using it.  And I can do other things on it, not just play games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?